Monday, October 13, 2008

My Precious Little Caleb!!

My son never seizes to amaze me. Even at nine years old he has the heart and compassion of a 30+ year old. I always look forward to our conversations and our 1 on 1 time when I get home from work each day. No matter how bad a day I'm having Caleb can read me well and fix all troubles w/ his big smile and his warming hugs.

Today, he called me at work to say hi then ask me if I would like to meet his Mema and him for lunch since he had a day off from school. In his next breath he asked for his Aunt Christina phone # so he could call her and ask her if she and Calvin would like to join us. To me this was the sweetest thing he could have done and it makes me know that he thinks about spending extra time w/ me when he can. Although friends and ballgames take priority most times, deep down he proves to me everyday he's my little boy. I love you Caleb.

2 comments:

Christina said...

If only every kid could be like Caleb... seriously, write a book - share your secrets with the rest of the world!
I will admit that often I think about WWWD (What Would Wendy Do) in parenting situations. Although I have some of my own methods, I try to model off of yours in so many ways. It just seems like you have it all right. :-)
Oh, and credit to Matt too. Sorry, didn't mean to leave him out. ;-)
Maybe we can have lunch next time.

Wendy said...

What are you talking about your a GREAT mom!!! Calvin couldn't ask for a better mom than you. Thanks for the compliment but don't ever cut yourself short. We have a lot of years ahead of us and I'm sure we'll need to lean on each other for more positive answers in parenting but for now we do alright :-)

Oh, BTW, I'll take full credit for Caleb - good & bad - Of course the bad he had to learn from his dad...lol!!!