Sunday, April 27, 2008

Didn't quite make it....




Well, on Friday, April 25th, my family headed out to St. Louis the see our first Cardinal game of the year. Everything started of great; my father and Matt up front doing there thing and Caleb and I in the back watching a movie - Pirate's of the Caribbean - all was well. Then we get a few miles from the Marine/Highland, IL and our vehicle, a 1999 GMC Jimmy, starts loosing power. After this it starts ticking loudly. Now we are about 2 miles from the exit and decide to get of at the exit instead of staying on the dangerous interstate, so we nurse it to the exit. Now that we've made it with no dash lights coming on the vehicle starts KNOCKING!!! What the....this isn't what is supposed to happen!! Of course now at it's final stop, the gages light up and it has started to get HOT, then it dies completely!! Ugh! What now, we are in the middle of nowhere and an hour away from all we know, w/ a nine year old ready for a baseball game.
Luckily, my mom and Matt's dad came to save the day. Not before we had to be hauled off on the hook. We were very fortunate to have a small towing plan in our insurance policy. The tow truck drivers name was Phil and was extremely nice. When he got there he asked us to start the Jimmy, so we did, and immediatley said we should shut it off. He suspected that the problem was definetly in the motor. Great, since I work in a repair facility I knew it was bad, plus it wasn't leaking anything on the ground like it would if something simple to repair would have broke.
In this time, I notice that our son is taking missing the ball game like a trooper. He didn't complain one time and in fact helped to keep my spririts up. I don't know what I would ever do w/out him. He is my miracle in life!! So to make a long story short, I took advantage of a crappy moment and took some memorable pictures that some day I'll be able to laugh at:-) Thank goodness for a wonderful family. Without a good family life's experiences just wouldn't be the same.

No comments: