Wednesday, April 16, 2008

He's not a baby anymore....

Each and every day I witness our son, Caleb (who is 9 now), growing up so fast. He shows this in his actions, in his statements, and also in his emotions for others. I recall it being just yesterday, holding in my arms and never wanting to lay him down. Now he's picking out his own outfits, somewhat fixing his own meals (microwaving frozen pancakes, re-heating mac-n-cheese, ect.), he tells me if my outfits don't match and if my hair looks good or not, he's even making sure he is home on time when he goes to the neighbors to play after school.
Just the other day I was feeling a little under the weather and he grabs me by the arms, I look down at him and looking me straight eyes he says with the most sincerity "Mom you really need to stay home and rest." I told him that life isn't that easy. So I went to work, long story short I couldn't make but just a half day. When Caleb got home from school he peeks around the corner into our living room and says to me "See mom, I told you that you should have stayed home today, you needed to rest." He ends up wanting to watch a movie w/ me instead of playing outside on one of the sunny days we had this week. There's nothing better than watching Star Wars-Empire Strikes Back on a Monday afternoon w/ your little guy.
He melts my heart everyday. I wish I could stop time and keep him this age forever. One of these days I'm going to wake up and he will be looking down to talk to me and he won't be speaking in that same little sweet & soft voice he has now. I'm so proud of our little man. We look forward to all the years of fun ahead of us.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Caleb is one of the sweetest kids I've ever met! Seriously, he is always so sincere and respectful of others. You and Matt are doing a great job!