Friday, April 18, 2008

Earthquake?!



Wow, what a way to start your day! Illinois experienced an earthquake this morning @ 4:36am. It seemed to rattle the whole house lightly. My husband rolled over to look out the window to see what was going on. Then he suggested we were having an earthquake. I told him, "NO Way, we live in TTown, nothing happens here. It's probably just thunder. Just go back to sleep." Boy was I wrong! I don't think he'll ever let me forget that either. It seems to be talk of the town now. Everyone at work and all my customer coming in have a comment on the EARTHQUAKE.
They say Illinois had an earthquake back in 2002, but I don't remember that. I do however remember back on a clear, sunny, summer day when I was about 7, I think, when I was outside playing in our backyard we had one. I just remember my mom come running outside to make sure I was ok and to tell me what had happened.
Wow, I think it is happening again!! It is 10:16am right now and I'm sitting at my desk at work and everything around me it shaking. Is it the aftershock? Could it be another earthquake. Wow, what a day. Hope everyone involved w/ this is ok.

Wendy

No comments: