Saturday, May 17, 2008

Ladies Night Out


This Friday night after work I got to have a real "Ladies Night Out". First I met my mother and Aunt Jeannie at the Tuscany in Effingham after work. This is a very good Italian restaurant that came a few months ago. It was so nice to just sit there and talk "life" to the two that have always been there for me through thick and thin.

My mother is one I can always count on in a pinch w/ any problem, concern, or situation. She has molded me into the woman I am today. We've had many arguments, fights, and restless nights, to get us where we are now. However, knowing what I know now, I wouldn't change a thing. I would have never thought 20 years ago I would one day consider her my best friend. We are alike in so many different ways, and no matter what, I know she always has my back.

Aunt Jeannie is my mother's best friend and has been for and eternity. Aunt Jeannie and her husband, Jim, are my godparents. My parents couldn't have had made a wiser choice. She has never judged any of my decisions even when she new it would come back and bite me in the end. No matter what, she always had an open heart and a great shoulder.

After dinner we headed to the mall and watched the movie 'Made of Honor' w/ Patrick Dempsey. It was a good romantic comedy, but doubtful I'll ever watch it again. The ending couldn't be any more obvious, but it was really cute in most parts. It was just so nice to hang out w/ two very important woman in my life. Thank you both for all that you do for me and my family. I Love You dearly!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I heard MOH was a good chick flick! :-) I prob. won't see it 'til it's out on DVD. But yeah... from the previews it totally looks predictable!
Glad you had a good "girls night out!"