Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Good Day

Today is the first day in a long time that I woke up feeling good about life. I usually have thoughts stirring around in my head of sorrow and pain for the loss of Tommy.

When I woke up this morning, nothing went wrong and everything just flowed together.....no bumps. The best part of my day by far was the moment my children woke up, they both had huge smiles for me that warmed my heart.

Whatever it is about today, I hope stays w/ me. The days were starting to get so long and tiring, I wasn't sure how much longer I could deal w/ them. There is still much I don't understand, but slowly I'm realizing; "It's not for me to understand." The comfort is coming from my family and especially my rock of a husband.


Dear Tommy,
I will forever think of you everyday. I still have all the woulda' coulda' shoulda's in the back of my mind. I wish I could hug you one more time, I wish I could hear your quiet humble "huhu" laugh again, I wish I could hear your advice on a problem or situation of mine again, I wish I could see your one of a kind smile again, I wish you could tell me "See ya" just one more time. I wish everyday for one more day w/ you. You were a perfect example of a good, honest, hardworking, family man. I'm so proud to have called you my brother. I know one day I will see you again knowing you'll greet me w/ your beautiful smile and your Dallas Cowboys cap :-) Until this day I ask that you watch over our family and guide us through this trying time. Please keep giving us signs that your w/ us, we need to know your here. I love you and miss you so much.
Your sister,
Wendy

No comments: