Friday, July 25, 2008

The Brickyard



Today is the day we all head off to the Brickyard in Indianapolis. We are headed up w/ a funfilled bunch this year and should have a ton of stories. Matt has gone up w/ this group of people for the past three years however this is my first year to experience it. I must be honest in saying the the Indy track is by far NOT my favorite track to go to. I've been there once and never cared to go back again. I'm not much into the whole partying thing and truth be known I'm quite a light weight when it comes to drinking. Better said, I can't run w/ the Big Dogs anymore! This is just one of the reasons I didn't mind staying home.

We are heading up today at noon w/ our friends Nate and Cory and my brother in law Tommy. Nate is driving his big Ford F150 crew cab. I do know that just w/ the little group we make there will be a lot of character to go around. I should have at least 1 good story of each of them by the time I get back ;-)

Although this is Tony Stewarts last year w/ JGR, I'm still his #1 fan! Next year, I will always miss the fact that he won't be supporting the #20 Home Depot car. That's is all I've ever cheered for in my racing history. I do wish him the best of luck in his new adventure in 2009. I believe his 1st year of course will be a bit of a struggle to get on his feet, hopefully I'm wrong. Either way I look forward to cheering him on and again buying all the necessary gear to show my support! I hope Tony pulls off another victory this Sunday and can kiss the bricks one last time w/ the #20 team. Only if Zippy could go w/ him on the move, they just seem like such a great tag-team effect. Who knows though, maybe the straight cut away is just what he needs to improve for next year, maybe there too close?!?! I'm going to stay in the here and now and just wish Tony and Zippy the best for the rest of this season and hope that there bad luck turns around soon!! Go Tony Stewart!!!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

HAVE FUN!
I'm excited to see how Tony does next year. I've been a big fan of his since '99 when he did the Indy 500 and Coca Cola 600 in the same day! Crazy!