Friday, September 4, 2009

Finally.....

Well after a long talk and yes, even a few arguments, Matt and I finally decided to take the Lamaze classes at our local hospital. A lot of thought went into this decision, and we finally got to an understanding with each other that above all it would be a close "bonding" time, if you will, only revolving around us and Blueberry. No remodeling, no painting, no decorating the baby's room, no deciding on her name, no figuring out who her God Parents are going to be, just us. Just us preparing for our little girl. Maybe learning a few tips on how to make sure Caleb never feels left out of anything.

I wanted to make sure that Matt knew what he is walking into. I want him to know that I will turn from Dr. Jeckle to Mr. Hyde in a matter of 3.2 seconds. I want him to know signs that I may need his help or encouragement without me telling him what to do. The last thing I want that day is unorganized chaos or panic or even passing out. For the hours I'm in labor the world will revolve around me and what I need to ease the pain.

So hopefully with our decision we will lead to a chaos free in the delivery room in November. Now with everything mostly in place, Matt and I can just sit back relax, cheer on Caleb in his soccer season, and make a few final decision on Blueberry's behalf.

I really am looking for to the next two months of our pregnancy. We've made it to 31 weeks today, hopefully we at least make it to 37 weeks. That would make Blueberry's birthday October 16th. She is due November 8th. I wonder how close to her due date she'll make her grand entrance? Regardless, we'll be ready!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Sooo happy to hear you guys are going to the prenatal classes together. :-)