Saturday, January 31, 2009

Another tug on my Heartstrings

Today is very bitter sweet for me. Caleb's Basketball season just started up last Saturday and he had his second game this morning at 8:15. In which I've missed both due to a conflict with work AGAIN!

I've always been very fortunate to make it to every one of my son's sporting events in his life so far and he is 10 now. It literally is breaking my heart that I've missed his first two. I make sure I tell him "Good Luck", and "Play Hard", and my everyday "I Love You!", before I leave in the mornings. Plus I always ask him to call me with the game results.

Something about getting the results over the phone just isn't the same as being a part of the action. I get so excited when I watch Caleb play sports. He is so talented. I don't want to miss out on a thing and I feel like I'm letting him down since I can't be there to support him.

I've ask my mom to take our camera this morning so I could get some action shots of Caleb and his team, not to mention the HOT coaching staff ;-) I can't wait to see some fantastic shots later!

Update: Caleb called and sang to me "We Are the Champions, We Are the Champions!" Then said: Mom, We WON!! I could just hear the huge smile on his face.
Good Job Team Caleb!

1 comment:

Christina said...

YAY! :-) Glad he won this morning!!!