Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Cancer Strikes Again

I found out yesterday that cancer has affected yet another person. Beyond all the people in my life that it has affected in the past that may or may not have conquered this disease, it continues to show its ugly face.

Yesterday I found out that an acquaintance of mine has to battle an invasive form of cancer for the second time. This person is only a few years older than I am. They've already had to successfully beat cancer about 3 years ago. It is so hard to grasp how unmerciful cancer is. It cares not of your age, race, or strength.

I pray everyday for a cure for this horrendous disease that affects so many peoples lives each day. I can only wish that you do the same.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Oh my... words cannot send enough care, compassion, and prayers. But, we will pray for your friend.