Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Coming along

We've been working non-stop on the babies room this last week. It's so exciting and even more real. How is that possible?!?! Just when I think, OK this makes it real. Then the next thing happens and I think, NO, this make real. Crazy!!!

This past weekend Matt and I chose the color for her room. Which is called Coffee Rose. Kind of a purplie pinkie color. More purple than pink, depends how the sun shines in. Anyway, IT'S GIRLIE!!! Something I'm so not used to being used too.

We also cleaned out closets to make sure she has her very own just like Caleb. On the down side of that was I had to clean out both of Caleb's closets to make room for what Matt and I needed to store. So Caleb now has just one closet full of both summer and winter clothing. Yes, he was a little bummed because his closet was so packed full now. What he doesn't know is that I had to clean out his closets (Get rid of everything I haven't seen him wear in the last 6-8 months). Hopefully I won't have to ever tell him because it is now all at Catholic Charities.

Matt also thought it would be great to build a spare room / computer room downstairs. Even though the way he situated everything looks great and would pass comfortably as a spare room, he is not happy with that. Don't get me wrong, when he is finished it will be perfect, but I just hate seeing him run himself into the ground so badly. This is his busy time of year; working later, side jobs, weekly yard / garden work. His weekends are already few and far between. Plus now he has a deadline to get all the banging done on this new room by November.

Now that we have Princess Blueberry's room painted I can start on the decoration ideas. To me, that's the fun part! So let the fun begin. I have planned a trip up North to visit my sister and I'm sure she can show me a few great shops. I can't wait!!!

So all in all my weekends are filled with fun and memories and Matt's are unfortunately filled with work, work, work.

Thank you Honey, for all your hard work! You are my rock that holds this family together!!!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

Can't wait to see her room!!!

Dawn said...

Girliness rocks. Until they're 4 and rolling their eyes at you.