Friday, August 14, 2009

28th Week...Beginning of 3rd Trimester

Well, today marks a big day for us. We are welcoming the beginning of our third trimester. It's exciting and scary all in the same. I'm excited that she will be here in about 84 days or so. However, scared that even through all my planning something might have been missed or something will go wrong during labor. I'm sure these are all normal feelings but for me they can be a little overwhelming at times.

Yesterday we went in for our 28 week checkup and sonogram. Anytime they schedule a sono I get butterflies because it's just another opportunity to see our little Blueberry again. To ease our minds (ok, just my mind, cause I'm the worry wart) that everything is ok and she has 10 fingers and 10 toes and everything else is normal too. My M-I-L, Susan, even joined us for her 1st ever experience with a sonogram. It was a great memory to have. She just kept smiling right along side of her son the whole time. A true KODAK moment!

Unfortunately little miss Blueberry wasn't very cooperative with us. Right now Joyce (our favorite sonographer ever) told us she is breech but that it was ok for now and not to concern ourselves with it just yet. She will more than likely turn herself by the 36-37 wk. Blueberry kept playing little games and putting her hands in front of her face and blocking Joyce from getting a good picture of her. Joyce insured us that Blueberry still has plenty of room the move around but evidently she didn't want to be photographed. Joyce did tell us that she weighs about 2.7 lbs. and 14.5 in. Not bad I said. I still think she is going to be a big baby but Joyce said she didn't think so. We'll see.

The shot below is the best picture of her we were able to get. Remember it's not the best, but I still love it!


We were even able to see her sucking on her fingers. It was so precious. Even though it was so cute on the sono I really hope when she comes out she isn't a finger sucker, to me that is a hard habit to break. At least with a pacifier, you can cut the nipple off when the time comes and tell them it "broke". You can't do anything when they suck on their fingers. I'm not going to worry about it until that moment arises.

I will start going in for checkups every two weeks now and at 36 wks I'll start going every week. It's going by so fast! I feel like I just found out we were pregnant. She'll be here in no time :-)

No comments: