Monday, August 17, 2009

Levels down again :-(

I should have know something wasn't quite right. All weekend I've just been very tired and yesterday it was up to complete exhaustion. I just chalked it up to being prego and not resting enough, my fault.

I got a phone call this afternoon from my dr. office with need to know news. My thyroid hasn't been working right since I got prego so they put me on a new med and told me that more than likely I would be on it for the rest of my life, YAY! Now my thyroid level isn't up to standard levels again and there going to up my dosage, YAY!! The only good thing out of this conversation was that hopefully I'll now have my energy lever boosted back to normal again. I'm too busy to be down on my energy. Not to mention, I'm very grumpy when I'm tired.

The nurse also told me that my iron level is still at a 10.4 and they want it at least at a 12. My iron level is always low and can be another cause of my exhaustion but really 10.4 is pretty normal for me. As long as the baby is getting what she needs I'm ok with a 10.4. I'm going to try to eat more salad, eggs, and raisins from this point on. I want to see if I can get a little higher for these last couple of months. Who knows since all these foods are "good for you" foods maybe I'll lose a couple of pounds.

Well, off to higher levels. I hope these meds work.

No comments: