Monday, August 24, 2009

Funny Moment

Matt, Caleb, and I went shopping at the Baby Depot this weekend. It was a fun family experience w/ lots of laughs.

Caleb really enjoys shopping for new items for Blueberry so when you get he and his father started, their like kids in a candy store. It's so cute! Yesterday was no different. Caleb did the scanning as Matt and I discussed necessities, he thought he was hot stuff too. There really wasn't a whole lot more for us to register for, just the minors at this point.

After all registration was finished, we did a little shopping. My favorite part! We ended up getting everything for the decor of her room. Such as: Sugar Plum pillows for her crib, the basket for her lotions and accessories, the Sugar Plum Butterflies for the wall, the Sugar Plum night light, Sugar Plum valances, and of course her Sugar Plum hamper. We also got her letters for her name to be spelled out on her wall. So the name will not be changed from this point on.

After shopping the necessities we HAD to do a little clothes shopping too. So we found a diaper bag and a few darling outfits. When we are ready to leave we found her headbands that I've not been able to find anywhere. So as we're standing there picking out the cutest ones Caleb turns to look at me and with all sincerity ask me,

Caleb: "What if Blueberry comes out BLACK?".

Me: Caleb, there is no possible way she could.

Caleb: But mom how do you know for sure.

Me: I just do, Why are you even asking?

Caleb: Mom look over there

So I turn to see and there was a white mommy with an adorable Black baby in her cart.

Caleb: See mom it can happen.

Me: Yes Caleb, it can happen, but it's not going to happen to us. I'll let your dad explain it to you later when we leave.

So upon leaving the Baby Depot Matt explained to him how there was no possibility of us bringing home a black baby girl :-)

I think this was the highlight of my day. A memory of innocence with Caleb that was purely from the heart and unintentionally bias. Children are a miracle from God and anyone that can't see that or appreciate it have serious mental issues.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Cute story about Caleb! Made me smile. :)

About the headbands - I go to Over The Moon entirely too often - check 'em out there. My friend Becky Wilson (Bloemer) also makes bows and headbands - she made some for Lexie, Kayla's daughter. They were adorable!!! I think she can make pretty much anything in any color scheme. Let me know if you'd like her number.

Dawn said...

Christina has bought pretties for Daelyn and has great taste. Shop with her.

And I LOVE the story. Must make HH read.