Saturday, August 29, 2009

LONG Night, Nervous Times

Yesterday was an exceptionally bad day. I don't know why but I felt like crap all day. Yes, this was baby related and it scared me a little. Even though I would never let Matt know that.

All day yesterday I was having what I thought were Braxton Hicks contractions. I mean ALL DAY!!! I really never started worrying about the until about 3 pm. It was just a normal thing to happen to every prego lady. Unfortunately, from 3 pm on there seemed to be something different with each one. They were more sharp, painful, and it felt like Blueberry was sitting right on my my pelvic bone.

I never timed them, and I'm not sure why. Maybe because I didn't want to be an over-reacting mother and call my doc and bother him on a weekend for nothing or it could have been that I didn't want to accept the "possibility" of preterm labor. I don't know, either way I was in partial denial.

When I got home I started doing some laundry and after a couple of trips up and down the stairs I got strict orders from my wonderful, supportive, but definitely over protective hubby, to go and lay down for a while and get off my feet. Of course, even after my arguing with him I was banished to my room for a while.

After about an hour of laying down (still contracting) I got up to try to walk it off. I thought maybe I was just being too lazy and some exercises/movement would do some good. Wrong....I made it as far as the kitchen and doubled over with another sharp contraction. Luckily Caleb was there for moral support and tried to massage my back...he's so sweet to me. After that moment Matt told me I needed to start monitoring my contractions.

What I found out was that my contractions were coming every 5 minutes and lasting a minute each. I was told that if contractions went on for and hour straight then labor was starting. Now I was getting a lot more nervous. We are only at 30 wks and have at least 7 - 10 wks to go. She is way to little to come now. Fortunately, this only went on for 45 min and then just completely stopped so no phone call to the doc or trip to the ER was needed. Matt couldn't believe how hard my stomach was getting. He's really not going to know what to think when we go in to have her.

Needless to say I think I'm going to listen to my body a little more now. I hope with all the contractions I had yesterday they didn't hurt little Blueberry. She seemed to stay very active all day so I'm going to pray she is still fine. She's even moving around a little this morning. I think I'll stay down the rest of the weekend besides going to church. I have a lot to pray for.

2 comments:

Christina said...

I agree that taking easy for the weekend is a good idea. Maybe you should call your doctor on Monday if you're having any contractions to get put on the stress test. Better safe than sorry, right?

Wendy said...

I'm really feeling much better now. I still have my appt tomorrow afternoon so I'll just wait till then to bother the doc. Thanks for the concern.