Monday, August 3, 2009

Busy Weekend

This weekend went by too quickly. We were here, there, and everywhere. I wish the weekend could consist of 3 days instead of 2.

The weekend started out with me being at work at 7am til noon. That wasn't entirely terrible. I'm a morning person for the most part so getting up early isn't such a bad thing. Towards the ladder part working I started feeling not bad but definitely not good. So I was just moving a little slower than usual, but still ready to conquer tasks ahead.

After work, I headed off to the grocery store to p/u the necessities for the Branson trip this week. I am so looking forward to that! The store seems crazy now that they're remodeling and everything has been moved around. What should have taken me 15 min tops took me 30. Not a big deal it will get better soon. They have it looking very nice, much more modern looking.

Then I headed off to my Bub's house where I was picking up a pot of her homemade potato soup. Mind you I'm still feeling a little blah but it was still manageable. My Bub is the best cook ever. Something about her food just makes your mouth water(except liver, still can't hack that stuff). Love Grandma's house!!

On my way home all I could smell was that soup and of course the first thing I did after unloading groceries was eat a huge bowl of it. Talk about comfort food!! I had to call Bub and thank her for making such a scrumcious pot of soup and contributing to my absolute need for a nap! So all in all Saturday for me was shot for me, all I did the rest of the day was lay around. No cleaning for me.

Thankfully Sunday was a much better day. I woke up at 6:30 ate some oatmeal, toast and a banana then started the my day. I cleaned our entire house (except the baby's room, it's still a making in progress). What a workout! We're talking dusting, spot treating the living room carpet, vacuuming, sweeping, mopping, cleaning the bathroom, oh and doing all the laundry. After all that I had to treat myself to an ice cream cone (strawberry swirl) at Homewood grill. What a reward to myself. Then I headed off to my Bub's again and dropped of all the bowls and dishes we had acquired throughout the past weeks. After visiting w/ her for a while I headed home and finally after dinner decided I had just enough energy to go on my 2 mile walk.

After all is said and done I had a productive weekend and crashed hard Sunday night when I went to bed. This is why I wish weekends could be longer.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Mmmmm... Potato Soup!