Monday, November 10, 2008

Lazy Weekend

This weekend was so nice. After the week I had I was ready for a little R&R. It was probably the most relaxing time I've had in, well, years. I mean seriously, I didn't even get out of my PJ's till 3 o'clock yesterday afternoon!!! I haven't done that since I was 10 years old!

Saturday night my husband and I went out to the Hilton for a fabulous dinner while listening to there pianist who is very good. I don't know what it is about a piano but it makes everything for me so much more romantic. After dinner we headed to a new bar in town called The Office. It was nice but to me it's in a terrible location and we found ourselves "sneaking" out the back door instead of walking out front where we would be more obvious to the cops. DUI's are not needed in our future. We then shot off to the mall to watch a movie called Role Models. This is a predictable movie but the two little boys in it were hilarious!! There is just something about a little guy using profanity and acting all tough. Of course, not if it's my son. There's not enough soap in the world if it were my child or any niece or nephew of mine, but in this movie it was stinkin funny! When the movie was over it was 11pm and we decided to head up to Daddy Rabbits who had a band playing and there was no cover charge which was nice. After sitting in there and listening to them I understood more of why there was no cover charge. There lead singer wasn't the best I've ever heard but the musical part of the band was good. Unfortunately, they both have to work for a band to be good. It was so nice to see a lot of our friends and acquaintances since we hardly ever get out anymore. Once we closed down Daddy's we went home where we threw darts and continued to enjoy our anniversary until 3 in the morning. What an eventful night. It was great to just spend QT w/ my husband w/ out rushing here or there.

Sunday, we slept in until 9:30 am and then got up and started on the end to our lazy weekend. Caleb wasn't ready to come home from his Meema and Papa's quite that early so I left it to there discretion to call me when they were ready to send him packing. At this point Matt and I went our separate ways in the house. I stole the living room T.V. before Matt could say a word. He then went upstairs to watch his beloved sporting events. Needless to say, we just layed around being lazy for once. Matt did make me feel a little guilty when he started some laundry but that quickly expired as I started watching the rest of my movie.

Later, we picked up our Aunt Judy to take her out for her birthday, which was last Wednesday, November 5th. She was wanting to go see Matt Passalaqua (sp) play at the Rose Bud Theatre. It was a really nice time and the proceeds went to Unit 40 for various educational things. Those boys are such generous people and very entertaining for the young and the old. Caleb had a great time too.

What a wonderful weekend! I couldn't have asked for a more fun but relaxing time. I look forward to it again soon....right!?!?!?!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had a good time Saturday night!