Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter Sore Throat/Cough has finally hit me.

I was just thinking last week how my health was going great. I felt fine; no sniffles, coughs, stomach aches, ect. The reason being, both Matt and Caleb have been a little under the weather in the past weeks and I stayed healthy. Shocking!! Caleb has had the sniffles for about 3-4 weeks and just can't shake it. He's not feeling bad, he still has all the energy and maybe a little more than an average 9 year old. That's just Caleb, nothing gets him down. My easiest way to know he's sick is when he barely moves. Matt had a scratchy throat a couple of weeks ago but went away quickly so we thought nothing of it.

Now, starting Sunday late evening, I couldn't get my throat moist no matter how much water I drank. I knew at this point something was up. Low and behold Monday morning I could NOT get out of bed. I was so tired and weak. My throat was a little sore. My eyes even hurt. Finally, I rolled out of bed at 6:30 & got ready for work. Today was even worse I didn't stir out of bed till 6:42.....UGH!

Once I'm up moving around I feel a little better but nowhere near a 100%. I would almost rather a stomach flu over what I have. With my profession I have to talk A LOT and having a hoarse voice is a big problem. Luckily my work is very easy going and doesn't mind how I sound their just glad I made it to work ;-)

Well, hopefully soon I start feeling better instead of worse. The men in my life are going to be gone from Thursday to Sunday deer hunting. Let me tell you how excited they are too! Plus my parents are both going to be out of town this weekend to visit my sister in Chicago. So needless to say, on top of everything else this week, I hope I'm feeling better.