Friday, November 21, 2008

I remember when....

I remember when my beautiful & healthy son, Caleb, was born on December 22nd 1998 @6:15 pm in Danville, IL.



Caleb has been the inspiration to my life. I don't know where I would be today without him. He is my reason everyday to get up and take care of my responsibilities. He brings me joy, laughter, and a few (small) hard times. There is nothing I wouldn't do for him.



Caleb was born on my little sister, Jennifer, birthday. She just turned 14 that day. I still to this day don't know if she was happy or maybe a little disappointed in sharing her birthday with him. My birthday is exactly two weeks before hers (theirs) and we always had our parties together since there seemed to be so much going on in December. It was just easier for our parents. I never really cared because I was eight years older and had a few birthday to myself. She had to share her day w/ me then & now because of me she has to always and forever share her birthday w/ her nephew. I know she loves him dearly and he can't live w/ out her. Maybe in the end it will help them be inseparable.

Where does the time go? Once so tiny and helpless and now such a little big man and very strong hearted. I love you Caleb w/ all my heart and soul!

Love Always,
Your Momma

2 comments:

Sam said...

where does the time go indeed!! I don't have any children myself, but my nephew and niece seem to grow in leaps and bounds!!

Dawn said...

Ahhh...you're so sweet. Caleb does rock!