Tuesday, November 4, 2008

What an Experience!!!

Well, today is Election Day 2008. I hope everyone got out there and cast their votes! No matter who you vote for it's very important that your opinion is heard (but hopefully you voted for John McCain).

This election will probably be my most memorable one yet. Let it be known that I'm voting REPUBLICAN this year. I got up and got ready to go vote this morning and since it's election day I thought wearing my OBUMMER shirt to show my McCain/Palin support was appropriate. Boy was I wrong. I got attacked verbally as soon as I walked in the door. They said my shirt could be considered "campaigning". They gave me an option to got in the bathroom and turn it inside out (like I was a school student wearing something provocative) or to go home and change or get a jacket on. I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

So, needless to say, I voiced my opinion on the spot. I let those old hags know that I was not about to be treated like a school child and turn my shirt inside out!!!! My shirt didn't technically say a candidates name, it was making fun of him, hence, OBUMMER! What happen to Free Speech and Self Expression? It's not like the place was packed and I walked in w/ a gang of people barking out John McCain and holding signs hi expressing our excitement for the election of Senator John McCain to the Presidency of the United States of America!! Not to mention there were only 2 people in there this morning (besides the Old Hags) me and another older lady who would have never noticed my shirt if those old hags wouldn't have said something.

No argument changed their minds and I was made to leave the voting office to go get a jacket to cover up w/. I don't think I have ever been so upset in all my life (when it came to voting) about getting in "trouble" for expressing my views and feelings in an election. I think those old hags were just mad at my shirt because they want Obama to win. Let's face it, this is TTown, it was 7 in the morning, who cares what shirt you wear. I mean seriously, give me a break!

After all of this I sure hope the people of the United States get this right and vote John McCain & Sarah Palin into office today.

No comments: