Monday, December 22, 2008

My Baby Turned 10 Today.

I think today was possibly the hardest day for me when it came to my son, Caleb. How did the time manage to slip away so quickly? I can't believe my little baby turned double digits today! He is supposed to stay little forever. Isn't there a contract for that? If not I need to figure out how to have a contract made :-)

He is just growing up so fast before my eyes. He is so independent now. He enjoys doing certain things other than just hanging out w/ me now, such as; Playing w/ his friends, hunting, going to any sporting event possible w/ whoever will take him, he's grown into a mighty hunter in training, and most of all he is starting to separate himself from us at all cost. Am I not "cool" anymore? How can you stand to hang out w/ your friends more than me :-)

He is a very sweet natured, loving, and thoughtful boy w/ an adventurous and mischievous side. He knows how to play mom and dad against each other, what child doesn't. But in his rougher times he knows who to come to if he really needs a warm word of advice - ME.....LOL! (Who else would it be)
So I guess I'm not necessarily loosing my little boy completely but watching his transformation from my little baby boy into a young man has my heart torn with emotion.


Caleb,
I hope to never loose momma's little boy. No matter what I hope you always know how much your father and I LOVE you. Your my little buddy, personal stylist, and confidant. I'm pretty sure I count on you as much as you count on me. I know in years to come that may all change, but for now I'm holding on w/ dear life to every moment we are lucky enough to share. I hope you've had a wonderful 10th Birthday filled w/ much love and memories.

Oh ya, don't ever forget: It doesn't matter how old you are, you'll always be my little baby boy.



Love Always,

Mom


___________________________
_______________________
________________

I would also like to take this time to send a Happy Birthday cheer to my kid sister for she and my little man share the same Birthday. How sweet is that, right!?!


Happy Birthday Jen!!!!! Hope you had a great day!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Caleb,
Happy Birthday! We enjoyed celebrating your birthday not once, not twice, but THREE times! :-) Give your mom extra hugs and kisses to remind her that she's still the #1 gal in your life!

Love,
Aunt Christina