Monday, December 15, 2008

Thinking of my Sis



Just sitting here thinking of my kid sister on a cold winter night. I just wish we were closer in age so we could appreciate the same things in life. Having an eight year difference in age really can challenge a sibling relationship.

I've always loved my kid sister but as normal we don't always see eye to eye. I just want to learn how to work together instead of always butting heads w/ each other. There is no doubt that we both have love for one another but our lives are just so different. Why do I have such a hard time relating to her? Am I a really difficult person? I find myself questioning this situation a lot. I don't know how to fix it & trust me I'm a fixer. I know I'm partially to blame for this situation but our attitudes on life are linear opposite. I'm more plan, plan, plan and she is more relax and let things happen. How do you fix such different personalities?

I know at this point in our lives we need to figure something out, but how? Any opinions? It's the Christmas season, the time to show our love for one another and to appreciate all God has given us? I have a ton to be thankful for and she is one of the biggest gifts in my life. I want to know how I can reach out to her and start over from any sadness I may have caused her or any times of doubtfulness I may have led her to think of herself.

Jennifer, you are a wonderful person!! No matter what situation may happen between us always know that I love you w/ all my heart. I would never intentionally hurt you and I know the same goes for you. May the days to come embrace our characters to prove to each other that life is good and being unhappy gets us nowhere.


We are strong individuals who both have a mind of our own and we both need to work on the fact that we are NOT always right! You win some, you lose some, but no matter what, your a better person because of every experience you have in life.
Always know,
I LOVE YOU SIS!!!

1 comment:

Christina said...

That letter to Jennifer read like a Hallmark card. Touching.

I can relate on many levels because my sister is 11 years younger than I am.