Monday, December 8, 2008

Happy Birthday to ME!!


Well, another year is gone and so much to look back on.

I had a wonderful birthday today. To start my day off I walked into work and found an apple fritter (my favorite doughnut) on my desk w/ a lit candle in the center and my boss sang his version of Happy Birthday. Let's just say it was the version about a monkey, haha.

Then about an hour and a half my delightful mother surprised me w/ a plate full of her famous, melt in your mouth, buttery, delicious pancakes. Your the best mom!! She then stayed to visit for about an hour. While she was there I had a beautiful surprise of flowers delivered to me from Martin's IGA. One bouquet was from my sweet, sweet son, Caleb. The other was from my momma. It really put a smile on my face.

Then my friends Mark and Janet and their daughter Jenny took me out to TGIFridays for lunch....I know your thinking how could I eat so much right.....I like food. I tried something different, Cajun Chicken and Shrimp Pasta w/ Alfredo sauce and red peppers....mmmmm. Lunch was great until we were ready to leave and Janet conveniently reminded our waitress that it was my BIRTHDAY!! So of course they brought out some yummy ice-cream w/ chocolate and Carmel syrup on it and then sang their famous song. Oh the memories.

Then after work my hubby took me out to Puerta Vallerta and had a good meal, where my sweet, sweet son had to let them know it was my birthday and yes, they sang to me there too. I think he did it just for the desert since I was full.

After this long fabulous day we got home and there was one more gift to open from Matthew. As I opened it and read the box I was so excited!!! It was something I've been wanting for a long time now and didn't expect to get for my birthday, maybe Christmas, but not my birthday! I got my CANON Powershot SD890 IS!!!!! I ripped it open and started taking pix of everything; Caleb, my mom, Matt, my cat, the living room - I think you can get my excitement now. Honey your the best! This camera is amazing!!!! Now I can take pix up a storm at all our Christmas get togethers, yaaaa!!! Look out everyone.

Thank you to everyone that called, text, emailed me, and stopped by today. You have all made my day! I haven't been one to be very excited about birthdays in the past few years, it seems to be just another day. However, today was absolutely wonderful and yes, IT WAS ALL ABOUT ME! Everyone who cares about me let me know one way or another and that melts my heart. I have a lot of good people surrounding my life. Thank you all again!

2 comments:

Christina said...

A camera?!? I'm sooo surprised ;-) Chris can't keep a very good secret! I thought it was gonna be for Christmas. :-) This is sooo perfect bc now you'll have it for some upcoming big days like Caleb's bday, Christmas, and New Years!
It sounds like your birthday was wonderful - just like it should be!

Dawn said...

Well Happy belated Birthday. I suck. Sorry.