Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Christmas Madness Starts Today

Today is the beginning of my families Christmas Madness!! From this point till Sunday evening we will be rushing around getting ready for each of our families Christmas'. I wish I could plan on spending more time w/ just Matt and Caleb. Does this feeling make me a selfish person? I just don't feel, though we are together through all the family Christmas', that we get to celebrate Christmas "together". We are always looking at the clock making sure we allow ourselves to get to the next event. Where is the Christmas cheer in that?

Here's the list of Christmas events for us this year:
1st, Christmas Eve: My mom and dad's
2nd, Christmas Day: Our house in the morning
Tom & Sue's (for immediate family) by 11:30-12pm
My Gma Millie's (for my dad's side) by 5-5:30pm
3rd, Dec.26th: Back to Tom and Sue's (for Tom's side)
4th, Dec.27th: Matt's cousin Lucy is having a Christmas Wedding
5th, Dec.28th: Over to Angie & Joe's (for Susan's side) at 12pm

Oh, did I mention that I work on Christmas Eve till noon and the 26th from 7:30-5:30pm. Seems like there's no time to breath let alone time to enjoy the holidays when your constantly on the go.

This may not seem like a lot to everyone else but for me, who before I got married, had only 2 Christmas' to attend throughout all my youth years. So this is still a huge adjustment for me. I know you would think after 6 years of this I'd be used to it, but it just seems to get more hard for me as the years go on but I keep smiling and moving through the motions.

Not only do I have a problem w/ being on the go but I feel that Caleb doesn't get to enjoy any of his gifts from Santa because once he unwraps them he's bounced to another location. Christmas is about the children and watching there eyes light up with excitement with every gift they open. How can any appreciation or satisfaction be shown when your just too busy to enjoy everything?

Wish me luck through this busy Christmas Season that I keep my sanity. Merry Christmas everyone!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND! Seriously. Since my parents were divorced, I was rushed around to get everywhere on time. It sucked.

Now, Calvin is rushed around at least twice as much as I ever was because he has to get to all of my double-sided family things, Chris's family get-togethers - including grandparents' sides. Plus, he goes to his dad's. It really is a lot - and almost unenjoyable for him.

I agree that Christmas is about the kids. I enjoy spending time w/ family around Christmas. Being away from everything this year at Christmas was different and didn't feel like Christmas. It wasn't the same. But, I dislike being rushed so much, too. Ugh. I wish some of the parties could be scheduled for a couple weekends prior or after Christmas to ease some of the rush.

I do really wish that Christmas Day would be reserved for Santa's presents at our own houses until that evening. I would love for our parents to be able to stop by Christmas morning and share some of the joy with us. I understand that other people have schedules. And, there will never be a time that is perfect for everyone. But, I feel like the get-togethers should be made more convenient for the children.

Alright, I commented a WHOLE book for ya! :-) I'm really not trying to sound ungrateful for family parties. I am soooo grateful for my family. I just wish they could see how hard things are for the kids by them scheduling things one after another for like 3 days non-stop.